Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 9, 2010



Many people talk about spending time with God early in the morning. I love mine. It is a special time with just me and my Maker. I don't do the same thing every day: Sometimes I study, sometimes sing, sometimes journal, always pray, sometimes just wait, listening for His quiet answer. It is my strength time, and I feel lost without it. It is my spiritual vitamin that, when taken everyday, keeps me healthy and strong inside.

It is amazing how many times I have studied verses, or written down my meandering thoughts, only to find someone else has been studying or thinking something similar. If I wake with a song (which I always do!) the message of the song is like a thread in my day, weaving thought to thought, person to person, God to us. He's amazing! It's another one of those things about Him! How does He do that...except as our God!

Psalm 27:3-5 (The Message)

When besieged,
I'm calm as a baby.
When all hell breaks loose,
I'm collected and cool.

I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.

That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.

No comments: