Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 7, 2010



Friends are hard to come by...at least for me. So I cherish the friendship that has developed between this sweet lady and me! Linda is a tiny woman with a giant heart for people. Her enthusiasm is contagious. Her smile is too! But for all of that, I have had the privilege of knowing some of her hurts, struggles, and weaknesses. For that I love her all the more.

I wonder why it is that I feel I have to wear my pretty mask, saying pretty things, doing pretty jobs and never let anyone see how I really am? I just finished a study on fear, and I have to say that that is my answer. I fear people knowing the ugly me. But when I do open up and allow them to see, something wonderful happens. My ugliness is swallowed up by His beauty. And it brings me closer to the relationship Christ died to give me. One that is full of love and acceptance.

Thank you, Linda.

Proverbs 17:17 (The Message)

Friends love through all kinds of weather,
and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.



(Now..about that guitar in the church....)

1 comment:

Linda L said...

Tammy, you made me cry when I read this! I count you a very dear friend, even if we aren't able to spend a lot of time outside of church together. I know you would be there for me in a heartbeat! And funny you should say that about putting on a "pretty face" for people...I think I tend to use my outward appearance to hide the insecurities I have on the inside. I want the confidence I have in my Lord to shine on the outside along with my love for Him. I know I need to work on that. Thanks for the sweet post! And I honestly don't think you have an "ugly side" in you...all I see is your love for God, your family and all those you come in contact with. I see a godly woman with a strong faith, bible knowledge and wisdom whom I respect and look up to. Someone I am blessed to call "friend"!