Monday, March 08, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 3, 2010



Winter is not my favorite time of year. The cold is one part of it. The other is that the world just looks dead. Grass is brown. Trees are bare. No flowers. The days are short and dark nights long.

But today I noticed something in a neighbors weeping fig tree. I had always admired the shape of the tree with its long, trailing limbs covered with beautiful dark green leaves, but Winter had ripped it of leaves and left it looking lifeless. Looking closer, I noticed a nest snuggled in the interior of the tree where, in Spring, it would be safe and hidden. A home with the finest, downy feather lining.

God is showing me the things I tend to detest can hold sweet secrets that are only seen when I allow myself to look beyond my dislike.

Job 5:8,9 (The Message)

If I were in your shoes, I'd go straight to God,
I'd throw myself on the mercy of God.
After all, he's famous for great and unexpected acts;
there's no end to his surprises.

1 comment:

Linda L said...

Tammy, I LOVED this post! It made me realize how I tend to look at only the negative in things I dislike. Thanks for showing me the "silver lining" or in this instance, the "bird's nest". Love you!