Monday, March 29, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 27, 2010



I think I know how Timothy must have felt in the presence of Paul. Trying to absorb every word and all the wisdom Paul was giving. Timothy must have felt exhausted and elated. He must have been a great student, though, to have received the praise Paul gave to him in the letters of I and II Timothy.

That is where I hope to be with Liz Pence. She has more wisdom in her pinkie finger than I have in...well...wherever my wisdom is stored. She comes with accolades like Paul, of the suffering she has endured. And like him, she says it is all worth it. She teaches as one being taught by God and praises Him for having a message from her mess. And, with the mercy and grace that God gives me, I hope to learn from her...as Timothy learned from Paul.

1 Timothy 12-14,18-19a (New International Version)

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, holding on to faith and a good conscience.

1 comment:

Linda L said...

Tammy, I finally got to listen to Liz's Sunday morning Connections class she did with Terry...all I can say is, "WOW"...I was blown away with her wisdom and ability to reach inside me and tap what God wanted me to hear! I give God the glory for one such as she. Can't wait to pick up her Mind Makeover Cd's from church. Also ordering her workshop classes. All I can say to your post is "amen".