Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 11, 2010



I KNOW! I KNOW! The first day of Spring isn't until the 20th! I know!! But I can't help but celebrate it NOW! There are purple mini pansies all in bloom in my garden and now the first daffodil! That indicates Spring in my book! (I'm doing my happy dance!!)

But... my mind goes to the struggle I have had all morning. I often feel I have no great skill, talent, gift...that God could use. I know a little about a lot of things. But not a lot about anything. I go through my days, it seems, going from one project to another depending on the people around me to make it right.

My computer tech is Pete. He make my computer do what I want it to. Mostly. It still won't clean the kitchen. Then there is Jack. He makes my attempts at videography look good. Very good. But if it weren't for these two sweethearts in my life I couldn't do any of the things that I have a great time doing!

I love to embroider. I love photography. Both I know just enough about to do small things for people.

I can clean house, cook, and do laundry. But all of these could be done by other family members as well as I do them.

The glimmer of a thought that started to form when I began this post was that I, and maybe all of us, are in the beginning stages of everything when it comes to God. Like my flowers, taking their time to poke their heads through the ground, struggle to grow big enough, then the bud, then the bloom: Am I still in the ground? Does God view my life as I struggle to grow in Him? And as I push through the stuff of life, does He wait in expectation for the next stage of growth? Am I budding? Starting to bloom?

I have no great skill, talent, gift...but I DO know this. I am not where I was 20 years ago. I am not where I was 10 years ago! I am not where I was last year or last month!! I am always learning about Him and the wonder-filled life around me. I will always know just a little about a lot of things. But I hope it looks like Spring is almost here to Him...in my life. (I wonder if He has a happy dance...)

Psalm 52:7-9 (New International Version)

"Here now is the man
who did not make God his stronghold
but trusted in his great wealth
and grew strong by destroying others!"

But I am like an olive tree
flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God's unfailing love
for ever and ever.
I will praise you forever for what you have done;
in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
I will praise you in the presence of your saints.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Tam,

You have great skill and talent God can use. He makes you a wonderful friend!

I'm blessed!