Monday, March 01, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 1, 2010



I'm really not sure how this is going to go. This is the only picture I took today. At the dentist office. Where I was getting my teeth cleaned...only to find out I will be back next week for a crown on a lower right tooth followed later by a crown on an upper left tooth. Now I don't think of going to the dentist office as a blessing, but I am glad to find cracked teeth before they fall apart. I have had that happen already and it felt like I was going through a living nightmare where my teeth all fall out. Maybe you haven't had that one...

So I suppose my dentist is a blessing. I know he certainly is compassionate. And tells me when it is really necessary to have something done versus waiting awhile. This is one of those hard blessings to accept. But a blessing none the less.

Colossians 1:9-12 (The Message)

Be assured that from the first day we heard of you, we haven't stopped praying for you, asking God to give you wise minds and spirits attuned to his will, and so acquire a thorough understanding of the ways in which God works. We pray that you'll live well for the Master, making him proud of you as you work hard in his orchard. As you learn more and more how God works, you will learn how to do your work. We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

You are such a blessing...and now you will soon be crowned!

I love you today!