Monday, March 22, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 18, 2010



It used to bother me when my kids would enter the house and start shedding: backpacks in the entry, coat tossed on the stairs, shoes and socks in the living room.

It doesn't bother me so much now. Now it is a reminder of what I am shedding in my life: anger, spite, hate, impatience, unrest, hurry, want, disorder and discord. Things that are the grave clothes of mortality.

But in the shedding of the earthly, I must remember to put on the eternal. Things that are important to God and allow me to live a life of victory: love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness...the clothing of the Spirit of Christ.

I love finding blessings in the mess!

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

No comments: