Monday, March 01, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 25, 2010



My baby turned 25 today! How did that happen? It was just yesterday he learned to fold origami birds and took them to his first grade teacher. Now his first grade teacher is teaching my grand daughter!!

Derek: How blessed I am to have you as a son. You are so gentle. Intelligent. Kind to a fault! I am proud of you in many many ways! You love your nephews and niece and take great care with them! You have overcome a lot being the youngest of our family. I miss the times of making spaghetti with you, building flowerbeds and fountains, shooting Nerf guns at eat other, and how can I forget the mine bombs?

Happy 1/2 of 50 birthday, dear Derek!! You are still my favorite! And I found where you hid the angel...

Psalm 127:2-4 (The Message)

If God doesn't build the house, the builders only build shacks.
If God doesn't guard the city,
the night watchman might as well nap.
It's useless to rise early and go to bed late,
and work your worried fingers to the bone.
Don't you know he enjoys
giving rest to those he loves?

Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!
Your enemies don't stand a chance against you;
you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.

No comments: