Monday, March 15, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 14, 2010



Dear Daylight Savings Time,

I have missed you! And although I lost an hour of sleep early this morning, I have found some precious daylight hours to spend with my beloved husband and grandchild. We walked down the street in your later-houred sunshine looking for whatever we could find. We found ducks. Ducks waiting to be fed the breadcrumbs and cheerios we brought. Sweet sweet memories you have given me, dear DST. I just wish you would stay year 'round!!

Sincerely, your sun-starved friend.

Ecclesiastes 11:7-8 (The Message)

Oh, how sweet the light of day,
And how wonderful to live in the sunshine!
Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted.
Take delight in each light-filled hour,
Remembering that there will also be many dark days
And that most of what comes your way is smoke.

1 comment:

lowestvoice said...

And I was just happy my pants look baggy in this picture :) Thank you weight watchers !