Monday, March 22, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 20, 2010



Today is the first day of Spring!!!! If you have read my other posts you already know how I have anticipated this day! I have been waiting for the warmer days, sunshine, flowers, and...snow?? Wait a minute! I did NOT order snow for the first day of Spring! It is cold! The wind is blowing like crazy! and it is SNOWING! Not at all what I had in mind for today!

Isn't that just like life? My expectations are of one thing...happiness, health, or wealth...and life gives me dreary days, sickness, and less and less money. Then I get snow on the first day of Spring!

Thankfully my life is not ruled by my emotions! Thankfully I don't have to be happy to be joyful! Thankfully I know a Father that can make the first to be last, and the last, first. God has always snickered at my expectations. So why not Snow on the first day of Spring! Maybe we will have flowers on the first day of Winter! Whatever happens, I know my expectations will have NOTHING to do with it! and that is just...like...God!...and I love it!!

Mark 10:26-31 (New International Version)

The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?"

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!"

"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

No comments: