Monday, March 01, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 26, 2010



Just look at those angels! You couldn't tell they had been screaming and fighting just moments before this picture was taken. But as soon as I said, "Can I get a picture of you three?" they put their heads together and put smiles on their faces. I wish I could say it lasted all the way to their home, but I knew they could behave now, and reminded them of it whenever they got loud.

Oh! that is SO like me. I need reminding, sometimes moment to moment, that self-control is a fruit of the Spirit I possess. Not one I hope for, pray for, or even work for. I have it inside me. All I have to do is allow the Spirit to work it from the inside of me, to the outside of me, where my smile and attitude can show that Jesus abides in me, and I in Him.

The blessing of a bunch of rowdy boys!

Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

No comments: