Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 10, 2010



Zach wasn't feeling good today so he and Daddy got to stay home. They played, read, worked puzzles and did some chores. While he was watching a movie and his dad was working on the computer, I mentioned that it was raining. Forgotten was his sickness! He ran out of the door only to stop on the front step. He looked down at the wet drips of rain that had just started. And he stared, fascinated with the way the water changed the sidewalk from light color to a darker color. We had to pull him inside when it started raining harder. He would have just stood in it and gotten wet watching the change of the concrete.

I love the reminders of newness. Rain to me meant achy bones and more potholes in the road. But to Zach it was a wonderful, outdoor experience that somehow transformed a common sidewalk into something better than a movie! May I never grow up to the point of forgetting the wonder of it all.

Psalm 9:1-2 (The Message)

I'm thanking you, God, from a full heart, I'm writing the book on your wonders.
I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy;
I'm singing your song, High God.

No comments: