Monday, March 29, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 26, 2010



The Tulsa Workshop...wow what a blessing! I cannot tell you how long I have been going to it. I remember being in the bus ministry at our church in Ft. Gibson and riding the bus back and forth to Tulsa to go. That was in the early 1970's. I remember Jimmy Allen preaching. I remember Just As I Am being sung...over and over sometimes. I remember crowds going forward and spending another hour going through responses. I remember controversies that I didn't understand at the time. I remember friends and family meeting for lunch. All of what I remember is, in my mind, positive.

When we started attending Memorial Drive Church 20 years ago, the Soul Winning Workshop as it was called then, was shared by Memorial and Garnett and we were pretty much loners when it came to working it. But with any living thing, (and the Tulsa Workshop is alive with Christ's spirit) growing pains were endured, maturing happened, changes occurred, until it is what God has made it today: a place of worship, renewal, education, fellowship, growth, acceptance for who and where we are in Christ. It is where we get together to tell what God is doing, with anticipation for what He will do next.

I am privileged to be asked to volunteer my time working at many different areas in the workshop. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for that opportunity. I see God at work in the faces of the people around me. And I praise Him. Oh how beautiful the body of Christ is!

Ephesians 4:11-13 (New International Version)

It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Thank you for being you!

I like you....a lot!

How you bless so many!