Monday, March 08, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 2, 2010



I started walking again not only for exercise but for some stress management. God and I have a few heart-to-heart talks while I walk and I can pound the pavement with my frustration, grief, and hurt and by the time I get home I am calmer and able to move on.

Today I put my ipod on Dennis Jernigan's This is My Destiny album and started my journey around the neighborhood. I had been praying for almost a mile with Dennis crooning song after song in my ear when I finally reached a point in my prayer that I asked God to just let me know He heard me. I really NEEDED to know that what I said mattered to my Lord. I can't go on with just my own strength! As I paused in prayer, I heard these words from the song I was listening to:

I would never make it one day
Without your love in my life!
You're my Rock
When the world sweeps over me!
Lord, so many times
I don't see a way
So just keep holding me tight,
For I know
That I need you desperately!

Looking down at that time I saw this huge rock sitting beside the sidewalk!

Hide me in the cleft of the Rock; (rock? the song continued)
Clothe me in the love of the Son.
Lord, surround me! Surround me!
I release the joy of my heart,
Flowing from the River of Life!

For you are my Refuge,
A present help in my trouble,
A River of Gladness
My help as the morning comes.
You are my Refuge
Though the world falls around me,
I will not fear, Lord,
For I have your love!

I cried in joy the rest of the way home! How God orchestrated all of the hope and absolute answers He gave me on that walk I will never understand! The rock was placed YEARS ago by that sidewalk! The song was recorded in 1999! Put on my ipod...several years ago! I had walked to just the right spot, prayed just the right words! At the right time I paused in prayer to listed to just the right words of the song, and recognized them for God's presence and love for ME!! Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

I will not fear, Lord, For I have your love!

Psalm 46:1-5 (New International Version)

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

No comments: