Monday, March 29, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 25, 2010



Photography is becoming a passion for me. And I guess this picture could represent how 'nutty' I am! God has allowed me to bless people with a snapshot of their lives, and in turn, it blesses me even more.

Some of the pictures I have are of people who have gone on live with Christ: Jimmy Sizemore, Bill Logan, Ed Hammons, Garrett Henley, General Gillespy, Linda Deckman, and those have become priceless. Jimmy and his quiet demeanor gave my daughter encouragement when Ethan was born with a cleft palate; Bill and his solid presence and warm hugs; Ed and his constant hunger for the Word of God; Garrett, gone too quickly; General, a leader in truth; Linda, giver, helper, loved kids. But I wonder if they look down at my collection as a butterfly might look at a worm. They are clothed in the glory of the Son of God now...and my photos are pictures of their tents here on earth. It's is like comparing cut diamonds to a lump of coal!

And here I thought I was going to talk about my blessing of photography, and wound up discussing the glorious saints of God. What a blessing!

1 Corinthians 15:50-52 (New International Version)

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

1 comment:

Linda L said...

Wow, Tammy! You have such a way with words. Thank you for the rememinder of those who have gone on before us. I can't wait to see them! Thanks again for an awesome post...love you much today!