Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Year of Blessing - March 16, 2010



I'm starting this post completely without knowing where it will go. The picture is one of Jeremy with an origami dinosaur that Pete had made. Pete has done origami since before I met him and has fascinated children, waitresses and many other people with his small paper gifts. Jeremy found this one on our entry table and asked if he could have it. He was so sweet in his request that I texted Pete and asked. Of course he could have it was the reply, and with a gracious 'thank you', Jeremy was off in a world of paper dinosaurs roaring and jumping! Amazing how such a little thing can mean so much.

Now for the unknown. I was hit today with quite a few 'issues' that are facing my family. 'Issues' meaning people problems. We are all in recovery from two divorces in the past year, and the fallout from that really...well...hurts. There are times I am stuck in the middle between the younger generation telling me all that I have to deal with, and the older telling me what I should be doing about it. My focus is, and will remain, what God wants me to think and do. But I am feeling a bit Jonah-ish. I don't want to think and do what God wants. Right now I am...mad. There I said it. I am angry in all the horrible terrible ways that anger is. Angry that my family has been torn apart. Angry that adults can't grow up and see what their immaturity does to the children involved. Angry that I was even called to bear this burden.

Mad. Angry. I'm sure you get it. Satan is a jerk...And I DO love all the people involved. Each and every one of them! And I know I am not perfect; and the field is a level one when it comes to sin. We all all redeemed, forgiven, given mercy and grace we don't deserve.

Origami. I am like the paper in origami. Flat, two dimensional, until God picks me up...and crease by painful crease, fold by weary fold, He makes me into something of more that three dimensions. Something that becomes more than me. Something that is included in a world of unseen forces, to be used by the hand of God Himself to roar and jump on the devils plans with a holy stomp of love.

I was not expecting this conclusion when I started. But there it is. The blessing in the bad. God is good, so good to me. Thank you , Father, for forgiving me, and using the little I have.

Isaiah 54:9-10 (New International Version)

"To me this is like the days of Noah,
when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.
So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again.

Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

2 comments:

Linda L said...

Dear Tammy,

I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this "stuff" that life throws at us. Please know that you and all your family will be in my prayers as God attempts to work through all the issues going on. Also know, if you ever need to "vent" you know my phone number and I'm just a few minutes away! I love you and hurt for you after reading this. Sorry I didn't read till today but I will definitely be in prayer about it now.

Terry Rush said...

Tam,

What I like about you is that while one can see a sense of burden in your eyes from time to time, you behave as if you know the living God.

Anybody can do well when there is no pressure. Only His can hold up when there is great stress.

Romans 5:1-5

Love you today!