Friday, January 08, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 8, 2010



Well, it had to happen sooner or later...of course my grandchildren are a very great blessing to me! Kaleb is first, only because he happened to get his picture done first...or maybe not. When I am with Kaleb I am reminded how God works in different ways than I do. I would never want children to suffer. I would never want them to have to grow up before their time. I would want them to feel like they had all the time in the world to be a kid, and then they could look forward to being an adult...later. But every day with Kaleb is a blessing unto itself. Precious. Valuable. Something to be cherished. And if it is one thing God has taught me through him, it is to value life and the time we have with each other. Yes, I look forward to being with Jesus and at the same time hold tight to my life on this earth. While I am here I know I have a job to do. There IS a purpose for me, a task that only I can do. Just like there is a purpose for Kaleb, and everyone. God doesn't put people here to take up space, we are here to fight a battle. A battle for life...and to win that battle by dying to self, living in Christ, and following Him to the throne room of our creator at just the right time. So I chose Kaleb first, I suppose, because he has given me the blessing of living in the 'today'. Because none of us are promised a tomorrow.

Be blessed, right now, because right now is such a blessing.

Hebrew 3:13
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today...

1 comment:

Kristi Bowers said...

he is a blessing to us too..glad he is to you!