Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 13, 2010



My feline companion, Luke, is such a comfort. Last summer when I was confined to bed, he was right there with me. Every morning while I drink my coffee and study, he's on my lap (or trying to get on my book!). He provides me warmth during the cold, cold winter days at no cost to me...well, except for an occasional head scratching, and there is nothing quite so calming as rubbing a purring cat's tummy.

The blessing of being owned by a cat...I love it!

2 Corinthians 1:3,4
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

2 comments:

Terry Rush said...

Comfort....what a meaningful and magical word from God in a time of mind-boggling challenges.

Blessings to you for sifting through your day to note something which is purrfectly calming.

I love you today!

Brenda said...

Wanna know a secret???? :o) It's about a cat! :o)