Friday, January 15, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 14, 2010



The reason I named my blog 'Thoughts from a Brain in a Blender' is because I spent over 3 years battling migraine headaches sometimes on a daily basis. They were both optical migraines and strange ones that occurred in my brain stem. Together they really scramble my thought processes and affected my body like a stroke would...except the symptoms would gradually go away. Only to return with the next migraine. I really felt, at times, that my brain had been taken out, put through a blender, and poured back into my head leaving me with not only a headache, but trying to sort out every piece of information coming in and trying to connect with memories that I knew were there.

After finding a really great doctor, she found the medication that would control the migraines. They haven't completely gone...but they are much less frequent. I will take that!

So why is my blessing today my glasses and contacts? My eyesight was so affected by the migraines my prescription changed 5 times in 3 years. I brushed it off as old age until my eye doctor connected it with my migraines. Now that they are under control, my eyesight has not returned. So...my glasses were a lifeline to ALL my photography and computer work. And recently I found contacts that would work with all the differing aspects of my eyes. Eyesight is something I took for granted. Now, it is a precious, precious gift from God.

Thank you, Father, for blessing me with eyesight that can see your handiwork in people, my doctors, nature, and just absolutely EVERYTHING!

Psalm 94:9,12
Does he who implanted the ear not hear?
Does he who formed the eye not see?

Blessed is the man you discipline, O Lord;
the man you teach from your law;
you grant him relief from days of trouble...

No comments: