Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 10, 2010



We had our small group Christmas party today. Yes, it was a little late...the snow is just now melting enough to safely get together. We had food, fellowship, food, games, food, gift exchange, and yes, more food! The gift exchange is always fun! We all bring a wrapped gift and put them in a pile. Then each of us choose a number and from 1 to 17. We go in order and randomly pick our gift from the pile. The catch is, that gift can be taken away by any person who picks after you and then you choose another gift...or steal another person's gift. Confusing? Oh yeah! But a lot of fun!!

I got the gift Jenny H. brought...but not by randomly picking. She refused to let anyone pick it up until my number was called. The she told me to pick hers. (We call her 'Mom' for a reason!) When I opened it she whispered to me, "I thought of you when I found this and really wanted you to get it!" ...LIVE... she really wanted me to get it. What a message!

So my blessing? Jenny. With her precious message to me. Live. What a blessing!

John 14:16-19
...I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever - the Spirit of truth.
...you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
...Because I live, you also will live.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Okay...I think that was cheating...but totally cool!!!