Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 16, 2010



Tomorrow is Zach's birthday. He will be three and wanted a 'Herbie' cake. It has been a few years since I tried to make a birthday cake for one of the kiddo's, and I had never attempted a car one before. So I surprised myself. I tried something new and it was...good!

I wonder how God felt when he tried His creative hand in making us. Did He have a brainstorming session with the Spirit and Word? Did He have to redo things a few times before it was just right? Was he excited when he picked up the dust and started to fashion arms, legs, fingers, and toes? Did he have to play rock, paper, scissors to choose hair and eye colors? I have no idea! But I DO know the end product was proclaimed to be VERY good. And we are a part of that 'very good'!

Creative. It is what our God is. It is what our God does. And he passed it on to us with His blessing to continue being creative.

Genesis 1:31
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning - the sixth day.

No comments: