Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 6, 2010



This looks like a Bionicle. Feels like a Bionicle. But in the hands of a three year old that has just watched a Disney movie...it is....Mary Poppins! I love the way children's minds have the ability to imagine. Adults are built to think too much in reality. Kids...well their thought patterns, in my opinion, must be a lot closer to God's. Our creator has the greatest imagination possible! There are things yet undiscovered that our God imagined, put into play, and hid just for us to find.

So the blessing given me today? The freedom to imagine! To imagine a world in peace, ruled by our Lord. To imagine pain and suffering...gone. Sickness and death...history. To imagine a place where love is the only law and worship of the Father and Son is around the clock, 24/7, all eternity. Truth and joy are 100 percent real. And relationships? Unimaginably sweet! I can only imagine...

Ephesians 3:20-21 (The Message)
God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Glory to God in the church!
Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus!
Glory down all generations!
Glory through all millennia! Oh, YES!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love God's imagination and am totally fascinated by it. Must be why I love kids so much.
I have learned over the past few years that imagination can be so wonderful, but yet, can cause me to stumble too so I have to be careful to recognize when my images are coming from God and those that aren't from Him. I have to admit, I love to imagine a world with Him. It makes me think of that song "This world is not my home...."