Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 5, 2010



Pete and I were asked to help facilitate a new class on Wednesday night at Memorial. We have only had a few days to prepare for the first class, but what a great few days! Already I have been blessed not only with the readings and study, but the encouragement of our fellow facilitators and just the joy of studying with my husband.

The fear factor that we are all facing daily is not by accident. It was never God's intent that we be fearful. By the power of deceit and our willingness to accept that deceit we find ourselves wringing out hands in despair at the state of our families, our jobs, our country, our whole world! Fearless - Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado has allowed me to see how I have given up something very special - a view of life from God's perspective. He knows the beginning. He knows the end. We are his beloved creation that He loves SO much He died for us. How can we fear anything when our creator is so powerful and caring? I may not know how things will work out, but I DO know the One who does. I can rest in that, for sure.

I can't wait to get further into this study and see how the Father grows me in this one!

II Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (fear, KJV),
but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how I love your blog right now....
And I'm so exited to learn from you on Wed. Nights!
Love you tons. :-)

Brenda said...

I really wanted to be a part of your class on Wednesday's but I've been working on listening to God and not taking on more than I can handle right now. I know I wouldn't be able to keep it up. But I hope it goes well and that He shows up for you in all aspects of your teaching and discussions! Love you!