Friday, January 01, 2010

A Year of Blessings - January 1, 2010



With the encouragement of my daughter, the two of us are going to do a picture a day for a full year of the blessings in our lives. For me, this will be a year of discipline to see what God is providing every single day. I will be doing this to consciously and deliberately grow my faith in Him. I know He is powerful. Now I will add to my knowledge an assurance that He works in everything, everyday.

The first blessing I am posting is my family. We have been through a lot the past few years and this photo means more to me than all the money in the world. It shows that our God heals, rebuilds, and upholds those that trust in Him. He grows us the way HE wants us to grow, sometime only in small baby steps. But each tiny step brings more forgiveness, shows more how He is in control and not us, and allows us to know deeply His grace and mercy. We are learning to give that grace and mercy to each other now...and becoming more like His son, Jesus. For that, I am truly humbled before Him...in awe and gratitude.

Isaiah 25:9
In that day they will say,
"Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, and He saved us.
This is the Lord, we trusted in Him;
let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation."

2 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

amen sista...um, I mean mom! love the picture on your header! how did you do that? I would love a copy of some of those pics you took today!

Danna said...

I love this idea! And I love you! As I was reading through your latest entries, I realized I have missed visiting with you, studying with you, doing life with you. You are a blessing to me! Thank you for living your faith in a way that helps me live mine.

I love you!