Tuesday, February 09, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 6, 2010



Disclaimer right up front: I did NOT take this picture. Tracy Kouns did because my camera was on the fritz tonight! But he did allow me to use his for a few (two) pictures so I will count this one as one I COULD have taken if my camera had worked!

Now for the blessing. Our worship team tries to get together for a night of fellowship and fun at least twice a year. Dear Brenda (the person holding the phone) does an excellent job of coordinating them, and they are always worth attending. That would be blessing enough...but that isn't where this post is going.

The person on the phone is Carrie Strickland, wife of Legrand. She is preparing to leave to meet Legrand in San Antonio not knowing how that will go. All of the uncertainties of Grand's life, and her life, are piling up. The how's, why's, should's, and can's are questions that will be hitting her for a long long time. She must be strong. She knows that. But the strength she chooses to tap into is not her own. It is God. And through singing His praise, and listening to us, long distance, as we lift her to God on notes of song, she praises Him for her very uncertain future. And He gives her His strength to go on. What a privelege and great blessing to be a sister to this precious lady.

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

No comments: