Monday, February 22, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 20, 2010



I will have to confess before I even start this blog. This is a contraband photo.

Pete took me out for my birthday to see the Celtic Band 'Slide'. Not like the backyard or playground slide...but Slide as in a cross between a Jig and a Polka with attitude! While waiting for the group to come out, they made their usual announcements and told us in no uncertain terms that we could NOT, under any circumstances, take pictures. So...I took one. I'm standing on the assumption that they meant pictures of the band while they played and since there was no band in this picture it was ok. Pete still asked me if I were going to worry myself sick over taking it. (I actually did that in a movie when I snuck in a bottle of water when the sign clearly stated I shouldn't, couldn't, and better not. Didn't enjoy any of the movie worrying about that silly bottle of water...)

The evening was absolutely enjoyable and lively! The fiddle player danced practically the whole time with jumps and twirls that should have scared the other members of the band. The music was really, really good! Toward the end, the youngest member and main singer of the group who normally played guitar or mandolin, was just walking around during a song. Suddenly he jumped to the front of the stage and started Irish riverdancing...in CHUCK tennis shoes! I reached for my phone to take a quick picture and realized I just couldn't! I almost cried! It would have made a really great photo to go with this story! But then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of the show. I put my phone slowly back into my pocket and totally loved ALL of the performance.

Guess I have learned something in life!

And thank you Pete for a wonderful evening! I love you!

Proverbs 10:9 (The Message)

Honesty lives confident and carefree,
but Shifty is sure to be exposed.

No comments: