Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 3, 2010



A friend of ours was hit by a roadside bomb in Afghanistan yesterday. He clings to life as his family and friends back home cry out to God for his healing. He was the only one left alive of his team...the other families are grieving their loss as we hope. And the war goes on.

As I drove to the store, picked up a few items, got our mail, and filled a prescription, it all struck me as somehow very special. I didn't have to look over my shoulder in fear nor see guns slung over the backs of soldiers. I am unfamiliar with the daily sound of gunfire. My home is secure, safe, warm, comfortable. I will drive tonight in a car with a heater and not see any signs of war along the way. I will worship and pray with others that could all state the same thing.

We are blessed in America because of people like LeGrand. 'Thank you' is not enough for all you have kept me from knowing.

Psalm 144:1-3 (New Living Translation)

A psalm of David.
Praise the Lord, who is my rock.
He trains my hands for war
and gives my fingers skill for battle.
He is my loving ally and my fortress,
my tower of safety, my rescuer.
He is my shield, and I take refuge in him.
He makes the nations submit to me.
O Lord, what are human beings that you should notice them,
mere mortals that you should think about them?

No comments: