Monday, February 01, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 1, 2010



The icicles on our house are HUGE! I have never seen them so long, that I remember. The sun is out though and the icicles glisten and drip and fall with crashes that are equally HUGE! So short is their time!

And isn't that the way it is with us? We spend years developing our plan, career, life, and suddenly we realize the grey is glistening in our hair, and our steps are beginning to falter. The days seem too short and the years even shorter. But with the passing of time, there is a richness and a beauty that I am only beginning to catch a glimpse of...the beauty of relaxing into our Lord, totally, becoming more and more unhindered by this life here on earth. I find myself doing things that really matter, and weeding out those that really don't. My view, unlike my eyesight, becomes clearer and more defined. And my thoughts go often before the throne of God, seeking His face...and not so much His hand. And as life is melting as quickly as the icicles, I find the joy that can only come from being in Jesus. And it is enough.

Galatians 3:26-29 (New International Version)

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

No comments: