Monday, February 15, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 15, 2010



I hurt when my kids and grandkids hurt.

Jacob stayed with me today because of a high fever and sore throat. He looked so pitiful! When I took him to the doctor, the only thing he perked up for was pushing the buttons on the elevator! (I sanitized his hands after he touched them...I'm just saying...) He wasn't even excited about the suckers and stickers the nurses and doctor gave him in an effort to make him feel better. His fever broke this afternoon and he started eating, playing, and laughing again...such a relief for Mema!

What's the blessing in a sick child? Knowing that as much as I care for Jacob, his heavenly Father cares SO much more! I find great peace and strength in that.

1 Peter 5:6-7 (New International Version)

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

No comments: