Monday, February 22, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 18, 2010



Kaleb is back into the hospital, this time with bronchial pneumonia. I have already written a little about how much he blesses my life but the blessing this time comes from someone I don't even know. I didn't even get his name. All I know is that he is in the 8th grade, loves Star Wars, and really knows how to be an encouragement to Kaleb.

I pass up way too many opportunities to bless people. It doesn't take much. A pencil drawing and corny note and wa-lah! a giggle...and an encouragement! (By the way, Darth Vader says "I will defeat your sickness!" in the picture. What a prayer from such a strange source!!)

Acts 20:1-2 (The Message)

... Paul called the disciples together and encouraged them to keep up the good work in Ephesus. Then, saying his good-byes, he left for Macedonia. Traveling through the country, passing from one gathering to another, he gave constant encouragement, lifting their spirits and charging them with fresh hope.

No comments: