Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Year of Blessing - February 16, 2010



It looks tiny. The moon turned upside down into a smile...tiny. I listened to the men landing on the moon the first time. The pictures made it look big. But in tonight's sky it is brought down to the size of my thumb.

I am studying for the Wednesday class that I am co-facilitating with Pete and two other wonderful couples. The lesson is on Fearing the Lord. Getting Him out of our comfortable box we have put Him in and letting Him be...God. The phrase that keeps coming to me is "My life is in His hand" from a book I have been re-reading for years. He who hung the moon in the sky, also made the body I now reside inside. Without Him my next breath would end, my next heartbeat would stop, my next moment would become my last. My life is in His hand.

It is a very vulnerable position that I stand in when I let my God out of the box and limits I place on Him. But oh the wonderful wonder that happens because of that extreme choice I make! What peace! What joy! What life!

The only container I now fathom my God residing in would be the body of Jesus. And I know that the precious body of my Lord contained not only my God, but my sin. And He died. The container died...with my sin.

But oh the wonderful wonder that happened because of the extreme choice He made! What peace I can have! What joy is mine! What life I now live! Because Jesus, my Savior, broke out of His bodily box and lives.

Thank you, Lord, that my life is in your hand!

Romans 15:13 (New International Version)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: