Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Year of Blessing - April 23, 2010



I have been ground from driving for five weeks now, so today a friend of mine called and said she was going to WalMart and asked if I needed anything. I said yes and she said she would be by to pick me up...but...she warned me she drove a convertible and if lightening struck it it would come through the top and electrocute us. The sun was shining so that didn't bother me.

She also told me that it was a little car and the big cars scared her so if one hit us we probably wouldn't survive. Now I was a bit concerned. But she offered to buy me lunch at Panera too so I figured maybe she could dodge the big cars.

Then she said she had bucket seats and for me to bring a big pillow because she knew I had back surgery and her seats would probably hurt my back. I thought about the pillow and decided if we got hit by another car the EMS people might wonder why I had a pillow and not treat me quickly enough... or if we were struck by lightening, pillows were quite flammable and that wouldn't be a good thing either.

At WalMart I found some cereal bars loaded with fiber and considered buying them but my friend warned me not to eat them while I was not at home because they had the same effect as prunes.

So let me see, if I ate the cereal bars and I had brought my pillow which caught fire when we were struck by lightening while getting smash by a big car...I think I would.... still have called it a great day!

I don't know who laughed the hardest...my friend or me! But thank goodness we didn't eat those cereal bars before we got together!

Thank you, M, for being my friend indeed!!!

Proverbs 27:9 (New International Version)

Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.

2 comments:

Terry Rush said...

See. Friends don't let friends get hit by lightening.

All turned out just right!

Love you!

Linda L said...

Thank you for this post, Tammy! It made me start my morning with a giggle. Yes, friends are precious! And she's right...those cereal/fiber bars are for "stay at home" days. ;D