Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Year of Blessing - April 15, 2010



I am privileged to do a very wonderful job at our church. I get to edit some of the church's worship and sermons. This means I go through a Sunday morning with a fine toothed comb. I hear every song and see every part of the service several times before a DVD or CD is complete. It is like worshiping in surround sound and 3-D...with the ability to push 'instant replay' whenever I want!

I see good things in our worship...and a few not so good. I hear good things in our worship...and a few not so good. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh out loud, I sing along, and sometimes I cringe. I edit out what I can of the cringing moments and try to make the DVD better, in some ways, than the service.

It makes me wonder how God views our congregational worship of Him. I think His editing is absolutely perfect because He edits out the physical and looks into the heart of our worship. To Him we look and sound like His sons and daughters...absolutely beautiful, clothed in His Son, and singing in His Spirit.

John 4:23-24 (New International Version)

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

No comments: