Monday, April 26, 2010

A Year of Blessing - April 22, 2010



Well, here we go. Spring weather is a brewin' and the weathermen and weatherwomen are getting their 'excited' voices on. It really is funny! But as funny as the meteorologists are when they get excited, they are very respected! It is a wise thing to listen to them here in Oklahoma. I have watched enough tornadoes to know I don't want to meet one close up. But I have to admit a certain fascination with them. (Most Oklahoma kids think that the tornado sirens mean 'run outside and look for the tornado'! and when I mean kids I mean...me...!)

How fierce winds are created by a severe thunderstorm is so complex, and new information is coming in every year...it makes me realize how powerful and awesome our God must be. The fastest winds on earth were clocked in an Oklahoma F5 tornado, and yet our God is not impressed with our turbulent weather findings!

I wonder if He looks at our 'discoveries' and says, "Finally found that one, did you?" then waits in anticipation of us finding another one?

Job 38:22-30 (The Message)

Have you ever traveled to where snow is made,
seen the vault where hail is stockpiled,
The arsenals of hail and snow that I keep in readiness
for times of trouble and battle and war?
Can you find your way to where lightning is launched,
or to the place from which the wind blows?
Who do you suppose carves canyons
for the downpours of rain, and charts
the route of thunderstorms
That bring water to unvisited fields,
deserts no one ever lays eyes on,
Drenching the useless wastelands
so they're carpeted with wildflowers and grass?
And who do you think is the father of rain and dew,
the mother of ice and frost?
You don't for a minute imagine
these marvels of weather just happen, do you?

No comments: