Friday, April 23, 2010

A Year of Blessing - April 17, 2010



THIS moment was fun!

Being a grandparent brings out the better part of me. I love just watching my grandkids play and listening to what they have to say. They are much wiser than I was at their age.

And even though I still wish I could sit on the floor and play or run around and wrestle with them, God in His wisdom makes me quietly watch from the sidelines.

From this vantage point I can pray over them a prayer of victory. I can no longer pray a prayer of safety and comfort for them (as much as my grandmother instinct wants to!!). Safety and comfort are not guaranteed in this life. So I pray for them to joyfully conquer every terrible dart satan may throw at them. I pray for them to find true strength, true safety, and true comfort only in the Lord.

Oh the hope I have for my grandkids in the victory of Jesus!

1 Corinthians 15:56-58 (New International Version)

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

No comments: