Thursday, March 31, 2011

Refuge

My child, don’t lose sight of common sense and discernment.
Hang on to them, for they will refresh your soul.
They are like jewels on a necklace.
They keep you safe on your way, and your feet will not stumble.
You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly.
You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes
upon the wicked, for the Lord is your security.
He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.

Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

Praise the Lord!
For he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

The Lord gives his people strength.


Proverbs 3:21-26 (New Living Translation)
Psalm 34:8 (New Living Translation)
2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (New International Version, ©2011)
Colossians 3:15 (New Living Translation)
Psalm 28:6-8 (New Living Translation)

No comments: