Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Yesterday life once again 'happened' around here and we all went to bed feeling overwhelmed. I pulled my Bible over and read verse after verse, chapter after chapter, and still fell asleep holding up Jake, Zach and Daniel before God asking Him to take control. I awoke and took up where I had left off...but decided I really should take time to worship and tell God how He is in control and sovereign, wise, creator, etc, etc, etc. then...

"MEMA WAKE UP!!!" I am awake little one, I thought. Interceding for you... "MEMA WAKE UP!!!"

Then a quiet voice say "I'm awake".

Suddenly I realized that in my 'worship' I was actually trying to wake God to the fact that I (we) needed Him desperately. Guess He felt like me. Being shouted at to wake up when in fact He had been up a lot earlier than me already working, loving, healing. He said "I'm awake" and I really worshipped, trusting Him to take care of it all!

We serve a MIGHTY God!

I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you - the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121

No comments: