Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Razor Thin Road

I’m balancing on a razor thin road
Where despair and grief lie on each side
Waiting to grab me at the sign of a stumble
Or a fall

You said that the road to your palace so fair
Was narrow and pressing but it leads to where
You live in your glory with truth and no doubt
No tears no wrath no despair

As I balance my eyes look only to you
To the horizon where life will begin
Where death is no more and joy is complete
Where angels will sing and darkness retreats
And dancing and laughter and singing
Are all led by you in your glory

So my strength is renewed
My mind set at ease while balancing here on this razor thin road
For I see this is where you have put me to learn
Of your wonderful love your glorious grace
Your arms that uphold me and guide me
To lean only on you for my balance

Oh this wonderful place
Oh this glorious road that cuts to the bone and yet heals every wound
Like no place on earth
I find value and worth
on this razor thin road
To home.

Tammy Bowers
April 21, 2009

1 comment:

**** said...

You have a lovely poem here! Thank you for sharing this.