Sunday, April 26, 2009

Treasure in Your Own Backyard

I went to an art show at church today...an art show at church? Yep. Doesn't happen every Sunday. In fact, I think this is the one and only art show that I have been to at church on a Sunday morning.

Let me just say I wish we had one every Sunday.

This show highlighted a wonderful, but very hidden talent of Paul Cameron. His drawings of everyday people and everyday things, document and time stamp a moment in life. He gives people a piece of their lives in a detailed sketching...something to remember the ordinary in a very special way. His humility in using his gift to encourage and uplift people of all ages and walks of life is absolutely wonderful...but almost too hidden.

I almost missed it.

His ministry was behind the scenes...until someone close to him decided it was time to salute him for his efforts. I am so glad they did. It allowed me to love a brother more deeply and see Jesus more clearly in him than I ever have before. Thank you, Paul, for loving the way you do!!!

I am so glad to go to a church where we are free to honor each other and let it be a visual reminder that God lives in each of us. It is like finding a treasure in your own backyard.

No comments: