Saturday, July 12, 2008

Something Smells

Sometimes life stinks. Let me say it again...SOMETIMES LIFE STINKS!

Guess that is why Jesus set up baptism as and example of washing away sin.

We as sheep stink.

I am glad for the continued washing of His blood.

Glad He made a promise to those that love Him that He can take the stink and make it smell better than we imagined.

Now I just have to work on the rejoicing in the middle of the stink.

'JUST' have to work...hmmm I think this is a full time job. A marathon of grace-filled showers.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Rejoice in the middle of the stink?? This is so true!

I like showers....grace filled ones that is! Sometimes, I have more stink in my life that I really want to deal with. And it hits all at once too! Then you feel like you've rolled in a pile of mud.

Joel 2:22-24
Don’t be afraid, you animals of the field,for the wilderness pastures will soon be green.
The trees will again be filled with fruit;fig trees and grapevines will be loaded down once more.Rejoice, you people of Jerusalem! Rejoice in the Lord your God! For the rain he sends demonstrates his faithfulness.
Once more the autumn rains will come,as well as the rains of spring.The threshing floors will again be piled high with grain,
and the presses will overflow with new wine and olive oil.

God will send showers to rain on us to prove his faithfulness to us. He will shower us with His love and righteousness. The time will come Tammy! Our stinks will be gone and God's promise will remain in our hearts!

I can't believe any other way.

I love you!

DJT said...

Sometimes, I think we intellectually know that we stink . . . we corporately. I also think we can convince ourselves . . . individually, that others stink but we don't. That is not a good place to be but I must admit that it happens. It is hard to admit I really stink.

Shane Coffman said...

It's hard work, isn't it?

I'm sorry for your heavy load, and the stink of it all.

You are loved!