Monday, November 20, 2006

Much Ado About Little or Nothing

Well, today marks the beginning of something I have tried many times and quite frankly failed at every time....journaling. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of writing out events and feelings and being able to see growth (or lack thereof) in life. It's just that life seems to overtake the time I have and writing down anything beyond a grocery list is tedious, time consuming, and scary. What if I don't like what I see my life becoming in 1 or 2 years of journaling? What if I have no growth or develop no wisdom? What if people don't like what I write or think I am such a silly goose....what if ....I succeed? And actually DO see something in myself that only time spent searching for words to write could bring out? (darn optimism! I was enjoying the pity party..) So, as I begin I will warn any who venture here that this may also be an ending...but I will vow to try one more time to journal often and try to keep my thoughts coherent. The brain in a blender title is oh so descriptive of my thought process and what splatters onto this screen may not be so pretty but (hopefully) it will be somewhat insightful.
God please bless this effort with your strength and wisdom. Show your power and glory in whatever words are written. I love you! Amen.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

It looks awesome. And, if nothing else, it'll be a fun endeavor. :)

...you might want to enable comment verification. It's a pain to type in random letters, but it keeps the spam away.

Love you!!!