Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Love McDonald's!

I have a routine of grabbing a bite of lunch from McDonald's, driving out to our building site and eating while watching our new house being built. Today I decided to check on my daughter while driving to McDonald's. I called her house and caught up on all the days activities (sorry, I was driving and talking at the same time....we will discuss that later....) when I pulled into the drive-thru. "Well, sweety, guess I will let you go so I can order," I said as I rolled down the window. "Ok, Mom, I love you! Bye," she said. "I love you, too!" I replied, looking at the menu. The speaker at McDonald's answered, "Uhhh, excuse me?" ... .... ....

2 comments:

Danna said...

OK...well, I was talking on my cell phone to one person when the church number beeped in. Whoever it was left a message, but then beeped in again so I thought I had better get it. So I told Melissa goodbye and tried to switch over to the call from the church. I thought I lost them, so I said, "Oh crap." Then I noticed that is said Church Connected.

"Hello?"

"Hi", says Heather, laughing.

"Did you hear me say 'Oh crap'?"

"Yes", she says, still laughing.

"Sorry about that".

All that to say: Better I love you than oh crap!

LOVE YOU!!!

Heather said...

I was laughing at your post and now that I went to comment I'm laughing again. Not that I have room to talk - I don't know how many people have called the house and I've answered "Memorial Drive Church of Christ."
Guess that's still better than "Oh Crap." :-)

Bet you made the McDonalds guy's day!