Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Luke


Ok...this blogging thing is kinda new to me so my daughter is giving me advice on what to blog...I tend toward deep, life experience things (except my House addiction) and she said to blog lighter, real live experiences too...ok...here it goes. We have a cat, actually it is my son-in-law, Dan's cat (he reminds me often) that he gave to me when their other cats decided to not play nice with him. His name is Luke Skywalker, Luke for short, and yes he has a "sissstteerrr" named Leah. He does not play well with...well...just about anyone under the age of 20. He is scared of his own shadow and thinks the leaves blowing in the yard are deadly beings trying to destroy him. But to my husband Pete and me, he is loving and affectionate (until the doorbell rings and he runs to hide in the nearest dark corner preferably under the heaviest furniture). He thinks he is brave and quite intimidating when it is just the three of us around and will tackle crickets, flies or any other intruder of that sort with a vengeance (light sabre not included).
The other day I heard him coming down the stairs and meowing quite strangely. When I looked up at him he had a bottle cap in his mouth, meowing around it. He immediately dropped it and batted it towards me. I picked it up and there were words written inside the cap...."You are deeply attached to your family and home." He then proceeded to purr and rub against my ankles. Sorry, Dan, I think Luke has taken up permanent residence with us. At least that's what the bottle cap said.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

A fortune in a bottle cap! I love it!!! poor Dan!

Anonymous said...

that was a brilliant story!

Anonymous said...

He's mine! Mine mine mine mine MINE MINE MINE!!!

(can you tell I have a two year old at home???)